India is the second-largest Smartphones market in the world owing to its sheer population size. The top 10 mobile brands in the Indian market include –
- Xiaomi: As per the latest Q4 2019 research estimates reported by Counterpoint Research, Xiaomi captures a whopping 27% of the smartphone market share in India. Its success can be attributed to a low pricing model and value for money. It entered the market just 5 years ago with its first mi mobile under 10000 – the Mi 4i. This Chinese brand has dominated the Indian market since. It is now further looking to invest in affordable mobile phones in India as other world markets are shrinking. It is now interested in capturing the small villages and towns by providing mi mobiles under Rs. 10,000.
- Samsung: Samsung has about 19% of the smartphone market share in India as per the report by CounterPoint research. It was among the most popular brands before Xiaomi. It has a dizzying array of premium products that drove it to record earnings and profit in 2019.
- One Plus: One Plus which is a part of the premium smartphone segment in India with a massive market share of over 35% as reported by NDTV Gadgets. Its first phone was launched on 23rd April 2014 at an extremely cost-effective price of Rs.20,000 and made its way through the premium smartphone segment.
- HTC: Another brand which offers affordable mobile phones include HTC. It’s the latest launch, the HTC Wildfire X comes at Rs. 7,999. Another relatively popular HTC phone includes the HTC Desire 620G priced at Rs 9,600.
- Vivo: Vivo crossed Samsung to get 21% of the market share in the last quarter of 2019 as per CounterPoint research. With extensive advertising and marketing campaigns, it has become a consumer favourite. Some of the most popular cost-effective Volvo models include the Vivo Y series which are under Rs. 10,000.
- Oppo: Oppo launched less than 4 years ago promoting itself as a selfie-centric phone. Since then it has made its place into the top 10 mobile brands in India. After winning the bid to sponsor the Indian National cricket team and the rights to display their logo their market share increased to 12% in the last quarter of 2019 as per Counterpoint Research.
- LG: The LG K10 and LG Stylus both priced at around Rs. 8,000 are among the most affordable smartphones in India. It is largely bringing it’s cost down and is among the best budget phones in the market.
- Lenovo: The Hong Kong-based PC giant is betting big on smartphones as more and more people begin accessing the web on their mobile phones. It sells both Motorola and Lenovo branded phones released two new models in 2018 as Rs. 5,999 and Rs. 8,999.
- Nokia: One of the biggest companies in the world has succumbed to being a budget – mid-range smartphone. But the Nokia 6.1 Plus was actually amongst the most popular smartphones in 2018. The Nokia 2720 is still very popular-priced at Rs. 7,999.
- Realme: Realme which branded itself as the “smartphone for young people around the world” has quickly gained popularity in India offering phones under Rs. 20,000. The Realme 5i at Rs. 9,999 is among the most popular handsets.
You can now get any of your favourite mobile phones with the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card with benefits such as a pre-approved limit of Rs. 4 Lakh, flexible tenors of up to 24 months and minimal documentation. So you don’t need to think twice before purchasing your favourite phone, just use the Bajaj Finserv Wallet app and get easy access to your EMI network card anytime, anywhere!